March 16, 2014

Barbie Style-The beggining of the Doll Collector

Hello everyone! To start my new blog about Barbie, I will speak of a theme that I appreciate.
Before of start talking, I just want you to know that I am Portuguese, so sorry if my English is not so perfect.
Then, I will talk about Barbie Style, the new Playline Collection.
Some people said that this collection is a match between Fashion Fever line and Fashionistas, for their high-quality clothes and for their Fashionistas bodies, respectively.
But also has collectors who said that this line is a match between Top Model collection (see here and here), for the same reasons.
Well, this line is thrilling me and I have already bought Teresa of the 1st Wave.
In this post I will show pictures of the 1st wave and the 2nd wave. And I will give you a sneak peek. Read more and you will see!

1st wave:
Credit: Mattel divulgation

In this wave, I only have Teresa, but I am not interested in the others -.- Well, Barbie 1 and 2 have nice clothes, but I don't know, I don't like it very much. And Raquelle is perfect in the promo pics, but I have seen real pics and her jeans are a bit weird.

2nd Wave
Credit: photo montage by me
This wave is much better than the other. I love Midge, she is the prettier in this wave, but I have Midge Life in the Dreamhouse yet, and they are very similar, so I will not buy Midge Style. But I am considering to buy her outfit in eBay or something.
Nikki Style isn't released yet, but in Barbie Official Instagram are starting to appear some Nikki photos. soon I will talk about it, but while you can access my Flickr account, I have some of that pics.
To be honest, Raquelle and (?) Nikki are the only who are in my wishlist, but Barbie and Midge are cute too.

And now, the big sneak peek that you are expecting for: 
The (?) wave 3! I found this image in one of my Flickr search, and I am really excited!! It could have Summer Style!!

Credit: babi_viivi photostream (Flickr user)

Well it is hard to tell if they had knee articulation or not, but I think so. If they haven't it, maybe it could be not Style dolls, but if they haven't it and are really Style dolls, I am very disappointed. And is that Summer?? She looks a lot hispanic here -.-

Tell to Doll Collector what you think, your opinion is very important to the growing of this blog!!


#alwaysadollcollector

2 comments:

  1. That style dolls are to die for. They are all cute but I have to say that for me, I will buy only Nikki.
    Congrats for the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This collection is the best thing that happened in Playline for years... Fashionistas are always so pink and glitter and eww I am very sick of that type of dolls... Style dolls are a great new for the collectors ;) I can't wait to have 2nd wave Raquelle and Nikki here in Potugal!!

      Delete